Monday, December 28, 2009

Goal for 2010

I have decided that I am going to track all of the money spent on food and toiletries for 2010 right here:  both how much was spent and how much was saved.  It will make me more accountable and help us determine exactly how much money is flying out of our pockets for these things.  

As far as January goes, we've decided to participate in the Eat From the Pantry Challenge.  We have quite a full pantry and freezer (the fridge is a different story, oddly).  But since we are both sort of picky eaters (I don't eat beef and T gives me strange looks when I start proposing ideas for meals) we are going to try to use as much as we have on hand, but get what we need to to make specific dishes.  I've already made the (tentative) meal plan for the month and, if all goes well, we should be able to drastically cut back on our food bill for January.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment