Monday, December 28, 2009

Goals for Eat From the Pantry Challenge


Having decided to take part in the Eat From the Pantry Challenge, our goals for the month are:

1.  Spend no more than $80 for the month, buying mainly produce and milk (but excluding cat food).
2.  Continue to build a stockpile, but only with free or super cheap items, such as this week's CVS sale on toothpaste.
3.  Donate our excess/things we won't use or eat, such as the can of spaghetti-O's that has been in the pantry since before I met T.
4.  Continue our date night each week, but go to restaurants we have giftcards to, so we can limit the oop as much as possible.

After evaluating the pantry and freezer, I don't think this will be too difficult of a month.  The hardest part will probably be limiting my spending because I like to take advantage of deals!

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! Just buy freebies, and you will see there will always be other deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also allowing freebies or super awesome deals for the month - those prices are sometimes hard to come by! Good luck with the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! My first comments! Thank you for the support- I'm looking forward to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the challenge, great goals! I'm all ready to dive in starting tomorrow! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the challenge. We can do it. I think your goals are very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete