Monday, January 4, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge Progress

I've done a couple of shopping trip reports for the month, but haven't really reported on how the eating is going.  So far, so good.  I said that T went on a trip this weekend, so I can't hold him to eating from the pantry (and he cuts way back when he's home--especially for a man who was a bachelor until he was 36 years old!).  

I however, have been pretty good about it, except once so far, but that was planned before I took on the challenge.

Jan 1st- oatmeal that I'd been trying to get rid of (one of the good things out of being sick-can't taste the flavors you don't like!)
met friend for lunch to pick up bridesmaid dresses (pre-planned) 
leftover pasta

Jan 2nd- finished oatmeal
leftover pizza
leftover pasta

Jan 3rd- cereal
finished pizza
turkey chili

Jan 4th- cereal
leftover chili
chicken tacos

I eat leftovers for lunch most days.  They are just more interesting than sandwiches.  

So far, the pantry challenge has been a really good thing for us, as I've discovered some things that I'd forgotten about.  They don't necessarily need to be used up immediately, but at least they're back into my mental inventory!

No comments:

Post a Comment