Friday, January 15, 2010

Menu Plan

I didn't post a menu plan for this week, so I'll update now.  The Eat From the Pantry Challenge is going well.  We have focused a lot on what we already had, which was nice.  I was able to use up some stuff that I may not have used otherwise.  T also was away on a trip last Saturday, so I took advantage and ate a couple of things that he doesn't like (mac and cheese, for instance).  Here's what we've eaten this week so far and the next couple of days:

Monday- ate out (a compromise between T and me)
Tuesday- turkey pot pie
Wednesday- frozen pizza
Thursday- spaghetti and garlic bread
Friday- date night at Kincaid's (T's favorite- I got him a gift card for Christmas)
Saturday- chicken and dumplings with homemade bread
Sunday- shrimp fried rico

We still have plenty of food left.  However, we're on our last couple of boxes of cereal (a staple around here).  Maybe we'll have to partake in the Kmart deal on that tomorrow, depending on what coupons I can scrounge up.

No comments:

Post a Comment