Sunday, January 3, 2010

Furbaby Likes to Eat String

Lily decided that she wanted to terrify me this weekend.  Alright, maybe she didn't intend to, but it happened anyways. 

I was getting ready to put some towels into the washer on Friday morning, when I noticed some pulls on one of them.  I cut them off and left them on the bathroom counter (our washer and dryer are in the bathroom).  I put the towel in the washer and turned around just in time to see her swallow the string.  There wasn't even enough time for her to sniff it to see if it was appealing first, she just took it right down.

By that point it was gone.  And if you're familiar with small animals, you may know that string can be fatal as it moves through their intestines (by stretching out and acting as a razor wire as the... um, matter... works it's way down).  So, I spent the next two days (until this morning) hoping that she would poop it out just fine.  Thankfully (!) that was what happened, but nothing like that will ever happen again!

Ha!  With events like that, I can hardly wait until all of the worrying that comes along with having kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment