Monday, January 18, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge Update

So, the Eat from the Pantry Challenge is going well, except for my spending.  Don't get me wrong--it's still a lot less than what we normally spend, but it's just a bit more than I should want to spend.  Everything I've gotten is going to be used and we've been extremely good about finding things to eat from what we already have.  As far as food goes, we haven't bought many pantry items at all, just the fresh stuff to make our meals.  It seems like my CVS spending is a little out of hand, though.  It's hard for me to turn down deals that cost so little, but give so much.  I already knew that going into this and it seems like that assessment was dead on.  I think the real lesson learned from this month is that, even though I'm getting the stuff for super cheap, it still adds up.

I don't think I would be as worried about it as I would in a normal month, but the EFPC has made me think about it and guilt myself a bit more than I probably should.  Even with the amount I've spent, we're still more than $100 under budget for January on groceries/toiletries and more than that when factoring in eating out.  I think that's something to still be proud of!

This week's menu:

Monday-  Shrimp Fried Rice
Tuesday- Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Celery dippers
Wednesday- Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Thursday- chili
Friday- date night (out for Thai food- gift card)
Saturday- tacos
Sunday- kung pao chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment